Consuming the right water in your home is of great importance than you can imagine. No matter the purpose of water; be it for bathing, washing dishes, drinking, or washing your clothes, you need treated and soft water to get the perfect outcomes. Some people use hard water on a daily basis without knowing. Find out what kind of hard water you’re using in your home to get the ideal water softener and start receiving water that is free from chemical pollutants and other harmful substances. It is very important to get the best water softener to get proper benefits.
What should consider before buying the best water softener?
The road to picking a quality water softener is not easy but with the right information, you can easily find the water softener for your home needs. This review will give you tips on how to select the top softener and you will learn one or two things before viewing our 5 best water softener reviews. Read keenly to fully grasp what requirements you need to comprehend as you embark on selecting the top-rated water softener for your home. Here are some of the factors to consider as you look for your next softener;
Summary of Contents
High-flow water softeners!
Flow rate – every water softener comes with its flow rate. You need to know how promptly a water softening process produces conditioned water. In addition, you’ve to calculate this over your peak and average home water consumption. These are mostly measured in gallons per minute which are clearly given by most of the manufacturers.
What size water softener do I need?
Softening volume – different water softeners have the capability to remove certain hardness in your water and you can calculate this through grains per gallon. Most of the softeners will give you vast information regarding your water and the level of its hardness. If the rating is below 1 gpg, then the water hardness is low, but if its 6 gpg and above, then the water hardness is high. For 4 member families per day 3000+ grains are necessary.
Related: Do you want to drink tasty water then get the best reverse osmosis system.
What kind of water softener should I buy?
Portable vs. Standard – if you are looking for a water softener to carry around as you go camping or hiking, then a portable design is ideal for you to enjoy water free from chemicals or harmful minerals. But if you’re looking for a softener to place in your home, a standard water softener is great for you.
These are available in two forms; a full house water softener or a single faucet water softener. The first one is for the entire house while the faucet can be put either in the kitchen or bathroom.
Volume controlled or time clock water softener?
Type of control – there are two common controls found in most water softeners. These include volume-controlled and time-controlled systems. The time-controlled system cannot detect the amount of water that has passed through the pipe unlike the volume-controlled which can easily detect. Most people prefer volume-controlled water softeners.
High efficiency water softener features!
Features – There is a wide range of features to select from when purchasing the ideal water softener for your home. You should know whether you want a portable one or not, electric or non-electric, is it salt-based or salt-free? These are some of the features to look at when searching for the best water softener.
Electric or Non-electric – some softeners use electricity while others don’t. Those that use electricity are a bit costly when compared to non-electric ones. In addition, electric water softeners are able to keep track of the water under consumption while the nonelectric can’t. This assists to manage the frequency of regeneration.
Related: Find here tankless water heater list.
Maintenance – consider acquiring a softener that will be easier to maintain and easily get replacement parts. Such parts include filters and salt additions which are both done from time to time in order to keep the water softener running smoothly and be fully operational.
Best type of water softener:
Best salt-based water softener?
The salt-based water softener system is the most common among many households. This process works by sodium chloride or salt being placed as the softening regenerant for treating hard water. The sodium chloride is placed inside the brine tank so that it can displace harmful chemicals like calcium and magnesium with sodium ions. The moment sodium replaces the other ions in the water it changes to being soft from hard. One of the shortcomings of this process is the salt substances contained in the water may be harmful to people with kidney problems.
Best salt free water softener?
When it comes to the salt-free system, no salt is applied here and the hard minerals are removed through several filtering processes. The most common salt-free devices being applied today includes; magnetic, electronic, and chelation methods. The magnetic process involves the use of attached magnets that alter the overall structure of the hard chemicals as they pass through the magnetic field. When it comes to the electronic process, it breakups calcium and magnesium particles within the water by releasing electronic pulses. Lastly, the chelation process works by the chelate agents binding with the hard particles for filtration.
Best way to testing water hardness!
Before you decide to buy any water softer, know whether your water is hard or soft. There are various ways to identify whether the water you’re using is soft or not. Some are scientific while others can be just applied on your own with simple methods. The most basic way is when showering and you realize that the water coming out of your shower is hard or the soap does not create foam as required, you can as well say your water is hard.
Related: Keep your teeth clean use water flosser.
Another way is through filling a bottle halfway and adding a soap solution in it, then shake the solution very well, if the solution creates foam inside and mixes very well, then your water is soft but if it doesn’t and leaves soap particles on top of the water, then know that you’re using hard water. Last but not least, you can buy a kit to test the hardness of the water.
Effects or Problems with hard water!
Hard water can be described as water with various minerals and ions such as calcium, lead, and magnesium with other chemicals and substances which are picked up as water passes through different types of soils and rocks.
- Hard water leads to health problems such as affecting the quality of your hair and skin. Research shows that hard water leads to hair loss.
- Another great effect of hard water is on clothes. Clothes washed using hard water turn their color and appear older with a grayish tinge.
- When you wash your dishes for instance say glasses using hard water, they leave spots on them.
- When hard water continually passes through your pipes, some particles compile slowly by slowly until they create a weak flow or completely block the pipe.
- Appliances can fail easily or break down due to continued use of hard water over time. It drastically reduces the lifespan of most of the appliances such as the dishwasher, water heaters, and other appliances that they come in contact with it.
Why do I need a water softener? Benefits of softeners!
- No toxic substances in the water.
- Extremely delicious water and safe for drinking.
- The air in your bathroom as you take a bath is clean and you can breathe easily.
- You will have very healthy skin and hair.
- You can as well cook very delicious meals that don’t have toxic chemicals.
- Durable and longer-life appliances that operate with ease.
- Fleck – With over 52 years in the field of water softeners, expect the best when you decide to buy a softener from fleck. This is considered the best water softener in the market. Their products are of high quality and you can heavily rely on this brand to get soft and safe water to use in your home.
- Aquasana – if you are looking for an environmentally friendly water softener, the Aquasana brand is way the best. It has recently gained fame as it has reusable materials and creates minimum waste unlike other brands.
- Morton – Morton is also one of the oldest brands in the market and is known for creating high-quality softeners. They make one of the best salt-based water softeners though they don’t have many models to pick from.
- Culligan – talk of old being gold, the Culligan has withstood the test of time when it comes to water softening. This brand has been in the market for over 77 years and has continued to provide highly dependable softeners.
- Waterboss – this brand has been in the market for a while and is well known for creating products that use less water to filtrate. If you want a water softener that uses less water, this is the brand to choose from.
Our Recommend Top 5 best water softener reviews
We research for more than 100 hours and have selected the top 5 water softener in the market.
Best home Fleck water softener systems reviews (Our top pick)
If you are looking for the best water softeners in the market look no further as the Fleck 5600SXT digital water softener is one of the best in the market. Made by one of the best brands, this product works excellently in getting rid of harmful ions in your water. It has a large capacity of around 48,000 grains to fully serve your family and ensure you’ve enough safe water to use. As well, it has a metered system that enables you to track the rate of water usage over time.
Also, this Fleck 5600SXT is efficient in use as it treats a maximum of 12 GPM flow rate of hard water. When you acquire this top rated product, you receive a lifetime warranty which assures you to replace it and some parts if they happen to have defects.
- Digital metered system.
- Polyglass tank.
- Digital control head.
- Treats up to 12 gpm flow rate.
- This can serve a family of around 3 to 6 people.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty and service help.
- Has a great capacity of 48, 000 grains.
Best portable Watts water softener reviews
Many people love this simple and portable water softener as it efficiently purifies your water wherever you go with it. The WattsRV pro is great to travel with and simple to use. It is able to soften your water despite how hard it is. At just a small price, this Watts RV Pro comes with simple but very effective features that allow you soften your water within no minutes.
- It has a 1000 grain capacity.
- Weighs 26 pounds.
- Uses common table salt.
- Brine tank.
- It is extremely portable.
- Simple it use as it doesn’t come with many confusing features.
- Lowly price but very effective in use.
- Common salt can be as well used.
Best alternative to water softener – Eddy electronic water descaler reviews
The Eddy electronic water descaler is one of the best water softener for your home. This doesn’t need an expert to install it as it’s easy to set up. It comes with simple features that can be well interpreted to give you better water for your home consumption. In addition, it is cheap and doesn’t need a lot of maintenance as it uses magnetic discharges to disrupt and change the composition of the water to make it fit for use.
Last but not least, this water softener comes with a 12-month money-back guarantee and a lifetime replacement or repair guarantee.
- Metal and plastic pipes.
- Has magnetic coils.
- Very easy to install.
- Its environmentally friendly.
- Offered at a very favorable price.
- Has a 12 month money-back guarantee.
- Has a small and compact size to excellently fit in your home.
- Simple to maintain.
Best cheap water softener – Aqua pure whole house water filter reviews
The 3M Aqua is a great household water softener with the large capacity that it comes with of over 100, 000 gallons of water. It also has a perfect flow rate of 20 gallons and can lower chlorine and odor for a great overall taste of water. With its wonderful design, cleaning or maintaining this water filter shouldn’t be a problem at all.
It is suitable for use in homes as it can supply the entire house from the bathroom to the kitchen and to other areas.
- Has a flow rate of 20 gallons.
- Particulate filtration.
- Sanitary quick change design.
- High capacity cartridge filters with a maximum 100, 000 gallons of water.
- It’s a high capacity water softener with over 100, 000 gallons of water.
- Has a great flow rate of 20 gallons for efficiency.
- Has the ability to lower chlorine and odor for a greater taste of filtered water.
- Easy to maintain with a simple design.
Best whole house water filtration system – Aquasana water softener review
The Aquasana is one of the leading brands in the market and is no wonder one of the best products on our list. The Aquasana whole house water filter is a soft free water softener which means that it doesn’t corrode with the pipes as it softness your water. In addition, it has a very powerful UV filtration that kills 99.99% of germs or viruses present in the water being softened.
As well, it exceeds NSF standards by discarding 97% of chlorine for a maximum of 1,000, 000 gallons of water. If you’re a big family and need a water softener that will efficiently soften and filtrate your water for home use, this water softener is great for you.
- Powerful UV filtration.
- Soft free softener.
- 1, 000, 000 gallons of water.
- It is very powerful as it exceeds NSF standards by getting rid of 97% chlorine from water.
- Has powerful UV which kills 99% of germs and bacteria in the water.
- Simple to use as it doesn’t need electricity to function.
- Salt free water softener to avoid corrosion with the pipes for very safe water use.
The water softener for your home will give you a new experience as you will be consuming softened water free from chemicals and other substances. You will no longer have to worry about consuming water with lead particles or having blocked pipes or appliances that emit bad gases that may be harmful to your health. When picking the best water softener, consider one that fits the features of your water hardness and ensure it can serve the entire household. With this substantial information, hope our review has helped you make an informed effective decision.