I received the Coast HP7 flashlight as a gift from one of my friends two years ago. People close to me know how I love tactical flashlights as I like camping and can’t travel without one. But for the years that I have been using it, I have never come across such quality and reliable AAA flashlight. It is a powerful light than the Coast HX5 flashlight. I was surprised myself when I first received this Coast HP7 flashlight as I thought it wouldn’t perform well. Surprisingly, this Coast flashlight is currently my favorite and I have used it on all my camping trips since I got it. It is a perfect flashlight for home or outdoor use too. Keep it in your pocket or attach the lanyard on the belt or backpack as you go about with your duties. Read this Coast HP7 review to know more about this flashlight.
Related: Top 10 small Everyday Carry Flashlight List
Technical Features of the Coast HP7 Flashlight
|Maximum Run-time:||12 hour|
|Beam Distance:||229 meters|
|Light Source Type:||LED|
|Batteries:||4 AAA batteries required|
|Battery Cell Type:||Alkaline|
|Product Dimensions:||8 x 4 x 3 inches|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
Normally, people find it hard to select a flashlight because they don’t know what to expect from it. If you want to land the best flashlight for your needs, it is crucial that you check out reviews and as well try out the flashlight for yourself. This will simplify things for you and enable you to know what to expect.
Related: Best Keychain Flashlight Reviews
Since there are so many brands and types of the flashlight, it is also vital to know the brands to buy from so that you get the best flashlights available.
Summary of Contents
410 Lumens Coast HP7 Review(Video):
One such brand is Coast products. Coast products have been in the industry for more than 98 years. They major in creating flashlights, knives, and multipurpose tools. The Coast HP7 410 lumen flashlight is one of their products. This flashlight is sturdily built from aluminum with a weather-resistant body. It is also impact resistant and is rated IPX4. The flashlight can be applied in tactical situations or for general use. The anti-roll tail cap helps to prevent the light from rolling on the uneven surface and it can stand on its own to provide vertical light. If you need a small size than HP7 then check the Coast HX5 flashlight.
In addition, the Coast HP7 LED flashlight comes with an LED bulb that has a longer lifespan and is indestructible. Use one hand to adjust it from spot to focus beam. Furthermore, you can use this flashlight for more than 19 hours in low mode and it can cover a maximum distance of 229 meters. When it comes to handling the HP7 flashlight, this isn’t a problem at all as it fits well in the palm, and switching on/off is done easily through its tail cap switch. On purchase, Coast Products provide a lifetime warranty against defective materials and workmanship.
Related: Nitecore P12GT Review: Cree XP-L Hi V3 LED Flashlight
With outstanding features, sleek design, great performance, and sturdy construction, you get value for your money when you acquire this flashlight. Read on to know more about the coast HP7 flashlight.
Features of the Coast HP7 LED flashlight
- Aluminum construction
- Anti-roll tail cap
- IPX4 rating
- Slide focus and beam lock system
- Pure beam focusing optic
- LED bulb
- 3 light modes
- Powered by 4 AAA batteries
- 410 maximum lumens
- Maximum beam distance of 226 meters
- Maximum run time of 19 hours
- Measures 8 by 4 by 3 inches
- Weighs 7.2 ounces
- Meets ANSI/FL1 standards
- Coast’s lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
Related: Maglite ML300L Review: LED 3-Cell D Flashlight
Benefits & Coast HP7 Review 2022
- Coast HP7 410 lumen light is durably made to last long. The light is made from aluminum material which is durable and corrosion-resistant. In addition, it has a strong lens and an anti-roll tail cap. This feature prevents the flashlight from rolling on uneven surfaces and can be placed to stand in order to provide vertical lighting in a room or camp. Also, the aluminum material is impact resistant which means that the flashlight won’t crash if it falls from one meter or less off the ground.
- The coast HP7 flashlight might be small in size but it still offers very bright light. The flashlight uses LED bulb which provides bright white light. LED bulb has a longer lifespan and it is also indestructible. It has a maximum of 410 lumens and is able to cover a maximum distance of 226 meters. This is when it’s in high mode and when it’s in low mode, it covers up to 75 meters.
- This flashlight is very easy to use. This is because it has a tail cap switch that can be switched on/off easily and effortlessly. In addition, it brings together a pure beam focusing system with slide focus. So, the user can easily adjust from spot to floodlight by use of a thumb. Alternatively, one can choose from the three modes that the flashlight comes with which are high, medium, and low light modes.
- Another amazing feature of this HP7 flashlight is that it is very portable. With dimensions of 8 by 4 by 3 and a weight of 7.3 ounces, this is a very convenient light to carry with you. Also, it has a sheath that allows the user to attach it to the belt when not in use.
- If you intend to use this flashlight for outdoor activities such as hunting, camping, fishing, hiking, and many others, there is no problem as it is built for both general and tactical use. The light meets ANSI/FL1 standards and has a waterproof rating of IPX4. Furthermore, it is impact resistant and can survive in tough conditions.
- Coast product is a reliable brand as it has many flashlights and other tools on the market that have been accepted widely. Coast products are always made with the customer in mind and are of great quality, too.
- On top of being a reliable brand, Coast products care for its clients as they provide a lifetime limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. This shows that Coast products believe in their goods and are willing to provide a helping hand in case the customer faces any challenge with their flashlights or other tools.
Related: Klarus Mi7 Review: CREE XP-L HI V3 LED 700 Lumens Flashlight
Shortcomings of the Coast HP7 Flashlight
- Despite this flashlight having exceptional features, it could have been better if it had strobe and SOS modes. Most of today’s flashlights have the strobe mode which is used to blind enemies and an SOS mode for use in emergencies. The three light modes are not enough.
- There are some flashlight brands and models that run for more than 100 hours before running out of power. This is not the case with the Coast HP7 as it has a maximum run time of 19 hours. This will force the user to change batteries after some time and it is not convenient if you intend to use the light for 24 hours or more.
- This flashlight covers a maximum of 226 meters. This is not very good as there are similar flashlights with the same features and size but still covers more than 300 meters. Also, the number of lumens should have been more so that it can be brighter and cover a larger area.
The benefits of this flashlight outweigh its shortcomings. The Coast HP7 LED flashlight is a small everyday carry light that is convenient for both general use and outdoor use. It has features such as impact-resistant, weatherproof, and floodlights great for outdoor use. While at the same time, it has features such as low mode, tail cap switch, and anti-roll design for general use. This flashlight is very portable and easy to use. We have covered everything in this Coast HP7 review that you need to know about this light!
I have 2 HP7. Have had both a couple of years. One of mine the bulb went out. I had to read and then attempt to take mine apart. I’ve decided that I will spend the $40.00 and get another one. I can’t wait to send it in and then wait for it’s return. Wish we could repair it ourselves. Love it except for the burnt bulb.