For you to get a close and comfortable shave, you need more than just a quality razor. A perfect shave needs a combination of various quality accessories. These include; a shaving brush and shaving soap, among other things. The traditional shaving style is one of the most appreciated by many men up-to-date due to its feeling and relaxation that it brings to a person. One of the best products to acquire for a great shave is a high quality shaving soap. With several soaps to choose from in the market, getting the best shaving soap is vital. This is because there are low quality soaps in the market which you should avoid at all costs as they cause irritation, itching and other problems when applied. On the other side, picking the top shaving soap will ensure you have the best shave without experiencing such issues.
How to find the top shaving soaps?
But, what is the best shaving soap? Whether it’s your first time buying a soap or have been using a low quality one that has caused several discomfort to you, we’ll assist you get the quality shaving soap with much ease after you read the content below. There are various brands in the market and selecting the best is very challenging to many. With different types of shaving soaps, Glycerine based soaps are the commonly used and perform well. They as well hydrate and smoothens the skin, making shaving to be very easy and accurate. One of the key things to look at as you prepare shaving is the ingredients the soap contains. This will determine the slickness and softness of the soap. Below are the details you need to know about the quality shaving soap.
Summary of Contents
- 1 How to find the top shaving soaps?
- 2 Factors to look at when searching for a shaving soap
- 3 How to use shaving soap
- 4 Ingredients to consider in the best shaving soaps
- 5 Types of shaving soaps
- 6 Benefits of using shaving soaps
- 7 Our Recommend Top 5 best shaving soap reviews
- 7.1 Best natural shaving soap – Henry Cavendish Himalaya soap review (Our Top Pick)
- 7.2 Best sandalwood shaving soap – Lather & Wood good shaving soaps reviews
- 7.3 Best shaving soap for sensitive skin – Proraso shaving soaps review
- 7.4 Best smelling mens soap – Colonel conk shaving soap review
- 7.5 Best beard soap – Men’s Soap Company shaving soap review
Factors to look at when searching for a shaving soap
The properties that you want in the shaving soap may vary from one person to another. A soap that you think is wonderful for you may be the opposite for another. For instance, you may want a shaving soap with scent while that may be discomforting to someone else. Here are some of the best factors to consider when looking for a soap.
Functioning – the soap should be able to combine all its features well to offer an excellent close shave. These include perfect lathering, slickness and cushioning that ensure you shave with much ease and less irritation.
Best lathering shaving soap?
Lather – look for a soap that lathers easily. The shaving soap will mix with little water unlike low quality soap. Ensure the soap you buy lathers easily for a quick and excellent shave.
Best smelling shave soap?
Scent – not all people love shaving soaps with a scent. Every soap comes with its own scent. If you want one with a scent, ensure it’s a nice one and doesn’t irritate you. There are shaving soaps that come with a natural fragrance that isn’t irritating and nice to smell. If you experience irritations when shaving, avoid soaps that have alcohol in them.
Cushioning – this is not a very crucial feature but the best shaving soap should contain it. It prevents the razor to penetrate the skin as you shave. It makes the razor float avoiding nicks or cuts.
Slickness – the soap should be slick enough so that you are not cut or nicked during shaving. The skin has a thin top layer that is very sensitive and it’s important to use a soap that protects it during a shave.
Top shave soaps identification!
Easy to use – look for a shaving soap that is very easy to use. This can be determined in several ways such as loading the shaving brush, level of water and soap needed to form lather, and the ability to form lather quickly. A softer soap is ideal for use as in most cases they are very soft.
Best cheap shave soap?
Price – the best shaving soap contain many ingredients and have no toxins. These are mostly from fat and oils. They don’t irritate and are very effective in performance. Expect these to cost more than the least effective ones. Work with your budget and pick a soap that doesn’t irritate. Consider choosing from notable brands as they have though most of are a bit expensive.
Where to buy shaving soap?
Customer reviews – customers always speak honestly about the experience they’ve had with a certain product. Checking out online store customer reviews on a product you want to buy can assist you know whether the shaving soap is effective or not. And you easily order through online too!
Related: Want a stylish hair; then check this pomade list for men.
How to use shaving soap
- By use of hot water, start by wetting the brush
- Then, remove the brush from the water after it has been soaked exceptionally
- Create thick lather from the soap
- Put the lather on your face to make the beard very soft
- After lathering your face well, you can now start shaving
- Wash the brush after shaving and leave it to air dry.
Ingredients to consider in the best shaving soaps
A shaving soap can be best described by the ingredients it contains. This determines whether the soap is hard or soft for great use. Check out these ingredients and find out which ones are more vital to you.
- Potassium hydroxide and sodium hydroxide – these are one of the most common ingredients in shaving soaps. Soaps that contain potassium hydroxide are usually softer than those that have sodium hydroxide. In addition, potassium hydroxide creates thick lather which offers an excellent shave.
- Saponification agents – the reason these soaps produce great lather is because they are combined with alkali which is a saponification agent. Lather is produced when a saponification agent and meets with water.
- Fat – this is one of the major shaving soap ingredients. It can be either plant or animal fat. Animal fat can be tallow from either beef or sheep fat. While plant oil can be derived from palm or coconut oil.
- Stearic acid – this is a fatty acid that is derived from two sources which include animal fats or plant extracts.
- Glycerin – this is specifically added to the soap as humectants. It greatly lowers chances of being cut or causing nicks as it lubricates the skin.
- Fragrances – this is the sweet smell from shaving soaps. It can be made from either natural substances or synthetic. If it’s natural it’s from a mix of essential oils.
- Chelating agents – these make the lather to be more stable.
Types of shaving soaps
- Hard soap.
- Glycerine based.
- Triple milled soap.
Benefits of using shaving soaps
- They secure the shaving blades or razor from coming into contact with the skin thus preventing cuts and irritation experienced with low quality shaving soaps.
- It makes the beards and whiskers to be very soft and very easy to shave
- It excellently lubricates the skin with the fat substances it’s contain and as well secures the skin from irritations and burns caused by the shaving razor or machine.
- It saves you a lot of time as it allows quick shaving when compared to shaving on dry skin
- The shaving machine or razor moves with much ease when applied on wet skin as compared to dry skin where cuts are prone or irritations.
Our Recommend Top 5 best shaving soap reviews
With a wide range of shaving soaps, picking the right one for a close and top shave is crucial. Since there are many brands and types, it may be confusing to just land at the best especially if you don’t have enough knowledge of what to look for. These soaps contain varying ingredients and you should take your time to identify the best from the rest. Our top 5 reviews below contain some of the best shaving soaps that will offer you a great shave and a perfect look. These are as follows:
Best natural shaving soap – Henry Cavendish Himalaya soap review (Our Top Pick)
For a great traditional look and comfortable shave, this soap is all you need. It contains ingredients that enable you have a perfect shave without any irritations or burns. The shaving soap is made of lather which last long and may sustain you for over months. It is made of shea butter that ladies love a lot as it leaves the skin smooth and excellently moisturized. It is rich of lather and that’s why cutting yourself as you shave is difficult to happen. In addition to these exceptional qualities, the soap has a lot of glycerin which readies the skin for shaving by lubricating it. Get this wonderful product today for a great shave and look for a very long time.
- High glycerin content.
- Shea butter and coconut oil.
- Rich lather.
- 100% satisfaction money back guarantee.
- Made of all natural ingredients.
- Has a wonderful smelling natural Himalaya fragrance.
- It comforts and prepares the skin for shaving with the soy extracts.
- It softens the beards for an easy and fast shave.
- It lasts long than cream, gel or foam as lather doesn’t dry easily.
- It is large in size and enough to sustain you for more than 3 months.
Best sandalwood shaving soap – Lather & Wood good shaving soaps reviews
Talking of one of the best brand, this soap has been here for a while and contains properties that any wet shaver enthusiasts will love. Firstly, it is made of a luxurious shaving cream that leaves your skin smelling fresh and smooth. Also, it has a natural fragrance from sophisticated sandalwood scent that leaves you smelling fresh from a shave. As well, it’s made of tallow dense lather that softens the skin in preparation of shaving thus preventing things like cuts or irritation. Unlike creams or gels, this soap does not disperse even when left open and can last for several months. Buy this best tallow shave soap today and receive a new wonderful and fresh smelling look after every use.
- Luxury shaving cream.
- Tallow dense lather.
- Sophisticated sandalwood scent.
- Stearic acid.
- Coconut oil and shea butter.
- Potassium hydroxide.
- Sodium hydroxide.
- Has a natural amazing scent.
- Smoothens the skin very well for prep to shaving.
- Lathers very easily with its great ingredients.
- The cream is large to sustain your through several months.
- It gives the user a great feeling with a very clean skin after shaving.
Best shaving soap for sensitive skin – Proraso shaving soaps review
Porpraso is one of the toxic free soap with excellent components that ensure you not only have a secure shave but as well leaves your skin smelling fresh. This outstanding product is contains no parabens, mineral oils or silicons that may be harmful to you and the environment. Use it without any fear as they are purely made from natural substances. The main ingredients that this soap is made of include green tea and oaks. Others are glycerin, coconut, and stearic acid. In addition, it has a high quality cream lather that softens the skin and preps it for shaving.
With such excellent ingredients and ability to offer a cut without any irritation, this is an ideal shaving soap for long-term application. If you are looking for best shaving bowl then Proraso is the best one.
- Cream lather.
- Made of green tea and oats.
- Made of natural ingredients.
- Sodium hydroxide.
- Stearic acid.
- Coconut oil.
- Potassium hydroxide.
- Made of only natural ingredients thus good for the environment.
- It is very suitable for those with very sensitive skin.
- Coconut oil keeps the skin fresh and smooth.
- Offered at a very favorable price.
Best smelling mens soap – Colonel conk shaving soap review
The colonel conk shave is one of the high quality shaving soaps in the market. It comes in a variety pack of 4 from which you can select a fragrance of your choice. These fragrances include; lime, bayrum,amber and almond. It is thick lathered; hence expect to have a smooth and excellent shaving as you won’t feel the cuts or irritations felt when using cream or gel. In addition, it comprises of ingredients that softens the skin and beard for easy and faster shaving without leading to nicks. Purchase this pack today and experience a new way of shaving without feeling any pain or cuts.
- Has an option of 4.
- Comes with 4 varying fragrances.
- Contains a thick and rich lather.
- Every pack weighs 2.25 ounces.
- Comes with a variety of 4 fragrances to pick from.
- It can last you more than 3 months.
- Perfect for smoothening the beards for shaving.
- Has a thick lather that prevents irritations or cutting of the skin during application.
Best beard soap – Men’s Soap Company shaving soap review
For many years now, the Men’s soap company shaving soap has been in the market for a while and it’s well known for its excellence. It is made of natural ingredients thus its free from parabens, toxins, dyes and sulphates. As well, it contains thick and creamy lather tat softens your skin ready for shaving. In addition, it has shea butter and coconut that keeps the skin smooth and fresh even after shaving. One of the unique ingredients of this quality shaving soap is its unique subtle Himalaya scent that will leave you smelling fresh after using it. If you want to shave your beards without any irritation or burns from razors, buy this soap.
- Thick and creamy lather.
- All natural ingredients.
- Subtle Himalaya scent.
- Shea butter and coconut oil.
- It smoothens your beard and skin perfectly ready for shaving.
- Has a rich lather that softens you skin avoiding cuts and burns from razor.
- Offers satisfaction guarantee in case the soap has any problem.
- Has a natural flowery scent that will leave you smelling nice.
Wet shaving is one of the best ways to get rid of your beards or whiskers. Thus, identifying which one is the best is very significant. With several brands and types to pick from, you need to know which one is the best for your skin and great for shaving. A soap that lathers easily is very suitable for wet shaving. Learn one or two things about the ingredients the soap should contain so that you can pick the one with the right ingredients for great properties during application.
In this guide and review, we’ve provided you with the necessary information that will enable you make a great decision in picking the best shaving soap for a perfect and comfortable shave.