Making coffee at home can save you both on time and cash spent acquiring coffee from a coffee shop. When you own one of the high quality coffee makers in your home, you will have total control on what to make and what quantity at a very low cost. Espresso coffee machines are the best to use and have features that will bring convenience to you.
The queues that you used to align after work at your favorite coffee shop will all but be forgotten when you possess one of the best Espresso machine. You just have to know which one is the quality espresso machine to serve all your coffee needs.
How to select the Best Espresso Machine?
Are you a beginner or pro in making homemade coffee? If you’re a pro, then you’ve an idea of what we are talking about, but if you are a beginner, then you need to learn several things before you acquire a coffee machine for your home. First, there are several brands and its good knowing which ones is the best to fully utilize them. As well, they function differently and have diverse features. In this review, we guide you appropriately on the different features that you will find in different espresso machines. Greatly consider these as they will enable you make the best coffee in your home with similar properties like that of your favorite coffee shop.
Summary of Contents
- 1 How to select the Best Espresso Machine?
- 2 Factors to consider before buying the best espresso machine
- 3 Best type of espresso machine
- 4 Our Recommend Top 5 best espresso machine reviews
- 4.1 Best cappuccino maker – Mr coffee espresso machine review(Our top pick)
- 4.2 High Quality best Home espresso machine- Breville espresso machine review
- 4.3 Best coffee machine – Nespresso vertuoline review
- 4.4 Best cheap espresso machine – Bialetti stovetop espresso maker reviews
- 4.5 Best superautomatic espresso machine – Gaggia brera review
Factors to consider before buying the best espresso machine
Quality espresso machine!
Construction– there is nothing disgusting such as having an appliance or machine purchased at a higher cost but doesn’t provide the functions as it’s supposed to. Ensure the espresso machine that you go for is durably made with strong materials for longevity. Also, some are made from other quality materials that are able to withstand different environments. Cheap materials won’t last long as the machine will break easily and end up being a loss. Always check the construction to ensure you are getting value for your money.
Related: Find the most popular milk frother list.
Espresso machine design & size!
Size and design – another great feature that is overlooked most of the time is the size and design of the machine. Always consider a size that fits well on your kitchen counter or cupboards and it can be stored with much ease. How many people do you want the coffee machine to serve? Also, check out the design of the machine. Is it ergonomically built with a nice grip for easy handling during the process of coffee making? The design should be sleek and easy to use as you make coffee. So, choose wisely and ensure the size and design are convenient enough for your needs.
Easy to use espresso machine!
Ease of operation – before you rush obtaining the best quality coffee machines, know how each one of them functions. Don’t buy an espresso machine that is very challenging to use. Some require a few skills which you should be acquainted with before you start using them. Choose the simple to use super automatic machines instead of steam operated ones as they can be tricky and somehow dangerous to use. This is because steam may burn you as you prepare your coffee.
Grinder espresso machine!
Grinder – a grinder is mostly overlooked but should be highly regarded as it’s of great importance. If you want to get the best coffee, ensure that you select the best bean grinder for a greater outcome. For you to receive good coffee, the grinder has to do a great job.
Easy clean espresso machine!
Cleaning – not all espresso machines comes with easy to wash parts. But some have dishwasher safe parts and will give you an easy time to wash them. Look for an espresso machine that will be very easy to wash so that it doesn’t produce flavored outcomes when using. Also, always clean the machine after use for it to work effectively and give you a real taste.
Related: Find the top rated ice maker machine.
Coffee machine accessories!
Accessories – consider getting a coffee machine with additional features that makes using it be easy and fun. Some of the accessories commonly offered by different manufacturers includes; cups, pitchers and Knock boxes. Look for a machine with accessories you love to fully enjoy it.
Best budget espresso machine!
Price – Are you looking for the best espresso machine under 1000? Since espresso machines are built with different materials and brands, they vary in quality and price too.
The espresso machine has outstanding features but this will cost you a bit. Identify a budget and work with it. Start by looking for one that meets your needs and buy it at a favorable price.
Long lasting espresso maker!
Warranty – do not overlook this feature as it’s of great importance. Buying a machine without a warranty is a big risk. Ensure the espresso machine you’re buying has a warranty of at least one to five years or even more.
Best type of espresso machine
As you prepare to purchase a coffee machine for home use, understand which type of machine is desirable for you. Generally, the commonly used espresso machines include; steam driven and pump driven machines. Many people use pump driven machines as they are more effective and can be controlled easily to give quality coffee. These are discussed further as below;
Steam driven espresso machines
When espresso machine was first discovered, they all operated using steam pressure. Today, such types are still used. The steam driven espresso machine works by using pressure or steam which is applied to force water via the coffee grounds and in the process, it yields espresso. A few steam-driven espressos can create foam but not all. This is because steam driven machines can produce enough pressure or give the real temperature needed to make the real espresso. They are also less costly when contrasted to pump-driven espresso machines.
Pump driven espresso machine
These work by applying an electric pump to force water via the coffee grounds. Unlike pump driven espresso machines that rely on pressure, these use electric pump. This is the best espresso machine to create the actual espresso. They are further divided into two as follows:
- Semi-automatic espresso machines – if you are a true lover of coffee and want a high quality machine to make one, get this machine as it will enable you get the best quality. This machine allows you to have total control of how you prepare your coffee from the word go. Though, it has some few automatic processes, most of the coffee making process is controlled by you. Some of the components you’ve control over include; steam and water flow adjustment, and pump.
- Super-automatic espresso machines – as its name suggests, this type of espresso machine will enable you make coffee fast and quickly. If you are in a hurry and want a good quality coffee made instantly, then this is the machine for you. With this kind of machine, you don’t need to do anything as the entire process is automated.
But if you are a person who is patient and have hunger for quality coffee, then the semi-automatic espresso machine will be suitable to use.
Our Recommend Top 5 best espresso machine reviews
Many people find it hard choosing the best home espresso machine for making quality coffee because they lack enough knowledge to distinguish between the best from the rest. Our panel sat down and listed several top quality machines before coming up with a final list of the top five. These 5 espresso machines that we’ve listed have the best features, are affordable and will give you the best quality espresso coffee. These are discussed further as follows:
Best cappuccino maker – Mr coffee espresso machine review(Our top pick)
Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 espresso machine is one of the best automatic espresso machines that will process coffee within a short period of time. This is ideal for those who are in a hurry and want quality instant coffee. It comes with a one touch control panel that enables easy operation. It has a removable water reservoir that can be filled with water easily in order to brew shot after shot. Also, the reservoir can be easily removed for thorough cleaning.
Furthermore, the drip catcher is removable so that the brew space can be cleaned easily and kept clean. Other accessories that it comes with include; tamper, single shot filter, double shot filter, measuring scoop and coffee recipes.
- Has a one touch control panel.
- Removable water reservoir.
- Automatic milk frother.
- Removable drip catcher.
- Adjustable cup tray.
- It has a great design that easily fits on your kitchen counter and can be stored in the cupboard.
- Has an adjustable cup tray to fit different cup sizes.
- It can be cleaned easily as it has a removable milk reservoir.
- The milk frother is automatic thus enables you quickly process cappuccino, latte or espresso.
- Has a one touch control panel for easy operation of the machine.
High Quality best Home espresso machine- Breville espresso machine review
Breville is one of the top brands of coffee machines in the market. It is perfectly designed to excellently fit on your kitchen counter for easy use and storage. This machine has a grinder made of stainless steel thus its very durable. In addition, it has a removable water tank that facilitates brewing and makes cleaning of the machine to be easy. One of the unique features of this machine is its purge function which automatically adjusts the temperature of the water after steam for the best espresso production temperature.
Also, the machine has a unique feature that indicates when it should be cleaned. As well, it has a removable drip tray for holding both wet and dry spills. With these and other great features, get this machine to create the best espresso or cappuccino coffee.
- Stainless steel conical burr grinder.
- 15 bar Italian pump.
- 1600W thermo coil heating system.
- Removable water tank with handle.
- This espresso machine is very easy to clean as it has a removable 2 litre water tank.
- It is very powerful in operation with 1600W thermo coil heating system.
- Has a sturdily made bar grinder made of stainless steel material.
- Comes with a one year limited warranty from manufacturer.
Best coffee machine – Nespresso vertuoline review
Nespresso has some of the best coffee machines. The Nespresso vertuoline coffee and nespresso machine has outstanding features that enable it produce high quality and tasty coffee. These include the new revolutionary centrifusion technology for creating foam, the nespresso vertuoline capsule system for great tastes and aromas and the automatic blend recognition for the best in-cup outcome.
In addition to these excellent features, this top rated coffee maker has a removable water tank for easy cleaning and an aeroccino plus milk forther for a quick one touch creation of hot or cold milk froth. With its automatic operation, making coffee with this machine is very quick and easy.
- Aeroccino plus milk frother.
- Removable used capsule container.
- New revolutionary centrifusion technology.
- Nespresso vertuoline capsule system.
- Automatic blend recognition.
- Removable water tank.
- It is easy to clean with its removable water tank.
- Has a nespresso vertuoline capsule system that changes the taste of your coffee.
- The centrifusion technology ensures that you get the best foam on your coffee.
- Great design for simple use and storage.
- It works automatically by just pressing the one toiuch button for brewing.
Best cheap espresso machine – Bialetti stovetop espresso maker reviews
Bialetti is one of the top brands and thus mentioning the Original Bialetti motta experess espresso machine shouldn’t come as a surprise. This machine is durably constructed with high quality and well polished aluminum body. It has an ergonomic design like that of a jar with a handle that makes using it to be very easy and enjoyable. This outstanding espresso machine will make 3 cups of espresso in less than five minutes thus very ideal for people in a hurry.
As well, it comes with a patented valve that makes this machine easy to clean. Other great features that this machine offers are; a gasket, heating vessel, knob, lid, valve and coffee collector. As well, it has a maximum boiler capacity of around 200 ml and the manufacturer offers 2 year warranty on purchase. Get this espresso machine for a quick and good quality coffee made in the convenience of your home. This is the best inexpensive coffee maker.
- 3 cup stovetop.
- Patented valve.
- Polished aluminum body.
- 2 year warranty.
- It is durably made with a polished aluminum body.
- It brews high quality coffee.
- It is large enough to serve at least 12 people.
- Comes with a 2 year warranty offered by the manufacturer.
Best superautomatic espresso machine – Gaggia brera review
Gaggia Brear superautomic espresso machine is considered by many as one of the top home espresso machines. This is because it’s not only durably made but has some outstanding features that make producing coffee to be fun and quick. Furthermore, it has a drip catcher for placing different sized coffee cups. As well, it comes with a standby mode that automatically activates after one hour of idle action. This high end espresso uses little energy unlike other espresso machines.
Also, it’s compactly made for efficiency and is programmed to alert the user when cleaning is required. Last but not least, the machine has a pre-infusion feature to give you a maximum flavor and aroma creation. If you are looking for the best espresso machine under 500 then it is the top one.
- Mavea water filter.
- Standby mode.
- Low energy consumption.
- Pre-infusion feature.
- Stainless steel front control panel.
- Drip catcher.
- Durably made to last longer.
- Has a compact design to excellently fit on your kitchen counter and for easy storage.
- High quality machine with great performance.
- Produces high quality coffee.
- Easy to operate with a less complicated control panel.
- Low energy consumption to save on energy.
You no longer have to jump from one site to another trying to search for the best espresso coffee machine. Our review has broadly helped you know which features to regard and what to consider when picking the best espresso machine for your home. With the quality espresso machine, you don’t have to visit a coffee shop regularly say in the mornings or evenings as you can make it from the comfort of your home. But before you buy the machine, consider the features that you want, ease of cleaning, durability and how effective the coffee machine is to you. Some are meant for large scale purpose and won’t be great for home use. Work within your budget to get the best espresso coffee machine.
Still, have a question after reading this Best Espresso Machine? Comment below.