If you are looking for the best roach killer on the market, look no further as you’re at the right place? I fully acknowledge how roach killers can be so disgusting when they await lights to be turned off to start invading on your food and other items.
Similar to other pests, a cockroach attack starts by just one of them visiting your home which multiplies so fast that after some few weeks, they will be all over your home.
I have faced this problem before and really had a difficult time getting rid of these pests. But after several trials of different methods and types or roach killers, I lastly managed to completely eliminate them from my residence. Sometimes when friends tell me about their predicament with cockroaches, I laugh off before advising them on the way forward.
Our Recommended Top 4 Roach Killer Comparison Table
|Images||Roach Killer||Price Alert||Our Rating|
|Editor's ChoiceCheck Price||Advion Roach Gel-5 boxes (20 tubes) UNI1018|
|Medium||4.7 our of 5|
|Editor's ChoiceCheck Price||Invict Gold Cockroach German Roach Control Gel Bait 4 tubes w/ plunger (35 grams per tube) Better then Maxforce Kill German Roaches!!|
|Low||4.6 our of 5|
|Check Price||Black Flag Roach Motel Insect Trap (Contains 2), 12-PK|
|Low||4.4 our of 5|
|Check Price||Combat Source Kill Max Roach Killing Gel, 60 Grams|
|Lowest||4 our of 5|
Summary of Contents
- 1 Our Recommended Top 4 Roach Killer Comparison Table
- 2 How to select the best roach killer?
- 3 How to detect cockroaches in your home
- 4 Most common types of cockroaches
- 5 Types of Roach Killers
- 6 Best way to get rid of roaches!
- 7 Factors that limit the growth and spread of cockroaches
- 8 Our Recommended Top 5 best Roach killer reviews 2019
- 8.1 Best cockroach killer – Advion cockroach gel bait reviews(Our Top Pick)
- 8.2 Best roach killer gel – Invict gold cockroach gel review
- 8.3 Best roach traps – Black Flag roach motel review
- 8.4 The Best cockroach killer for home – Combat roach killer reviews
- 8.5 Best way to kill roaches – Dupont advion cockroach gel bait review
- 9 How to Get Rid of Cockroaches Permanently?
How to select the best roach killer?
Eradicating cockroaches in our homes completely isn’t a very tricky task but some think it is. This is because they are using the wrong methods or types of roach killers that aren’t able to reach the nest where the other cockroaches tend to hide. You don’t have to suffer any more when you read my review which has a lot of information regarding how to effectively deal with these roaches. I know there are many brands of roach killers in the market but not all are good for you. There are several factors to look at before simply acquiring one. Some lack poison and are good for home use, some have little poison that isn’t harmful while others are very dangerous to deal directly with them. Learn all these factors to eliminate these small and creepy creatures in your house.
How to detect cockroaches in your home
Don’t wait till it’s too late to start handling the roaches in your home. Our houses should often be checked to avoid scenarios such as infestation of any kind of pest like mouse, rat, flea, cockroaches etc. A cockroach attack can be discovered after they have multiplied. If they are small in number, discovering them might be a challenge. But below are some of the signs that will alert you when you have Cockroaches as Company in your home;
- When you see a cockroach carcass or its dead body, know that there are some more hidden in your walls, crevices or some other location and thus you need to eliminate them.
- If you spot the eggs of a cockroach, just know there are many more which are multiplying as the days go by.
- The smell or cockroaches. It’s hard to smell their odor and if you detect such a smell, simply know they are large in number and you have to get rid of them immediately.
Most common types of cockroaches
There are many types of cockroach species all over the world with an estimated 4000 plus. But there are those which are very common in our homesteads and can be easily identified. These include:
- American cockroach
- German cockroach
- Oriental cockroach
- Smoky brown
- Brown banded cockroach
Types of Roach Killers
Different people employ different procedures in the quest to eradicate cockroaches in their homes. Depending on your knowledge and choice, there are various methods that can be applied such as;
Roach bait reviews!
Baits – There are different kinds of baits used to lure or draw the roaches to danger areas. First, one can use a bait that is made up of a mixture of food or water or any other ingredients to attract the cockroaches to them. These baits may be poisonous and on taking them, the cockroach will suffocate to death. Another way is by setting a bait in an area that is sprayed or smeared with insecticides and once the cockroach reaches that area it suffocates as it absorbs dangerous chemicals that kills it. Some baits are safe to use where children are.
Roach traps reviews!
Traps – This is another great way to get rid of roaches in your home. Traps are of different materials, design and make. Most of them are created in such a way that once the roach enters inside it cannot escape or get out. Some are made with adhesive materials while others are wooden. You need to place the trap in an area with a huge population of cockroaches for it to work effectively.
Types of roach poison
There are different types of poisons used in roach killer sprays, gel and tablets. Some of these are as follows:
- Gel – gel is one of the commonly used types of roach killers. Different gels are made with different harmful chemicals such as imidacloprid which kills the roach a few minutes after taking it.
- Spray – these are very common in many homes though they don’t reach in all places. They contain poisonous components which kill the roaches when they come into contact.
- Tablet – tablets that contain boric acid is very powerful and will kill the cockroaches that feed on them. These should entirely be kept away from reach by children.
- Powder – one of the key ingredients used to kill the roaches or other insects is boric acid. This poisons the stomach and on consumption, they perish.
Best way to get rid of roaches!
When you decide to kill cockroaches in your home, just know there are methods that are effective and some are not effective. If you use non-effective methods, you will still have these pests in your home while when you use the effective ones, you can totally eliminate them.
The effective methods
- Roach baits; different baits are used to lure the roaches to them where they feed and die after some few minutes.
- Boric acid; this is one of the most effective cockroach killer in the market. It is used in different forms such as liquid, powder and in tablets to kill the insects.
- Exterminators; these are very effective and can completely eliminate the cockroaches but are as well expensive.
The non-effective methods
- Soap and water; this can only slow down the roaches but in the long term, they will still exist.
- Herbal leaves; herbal will be less effective in that when they feed again on water and food, they won’t perish easily.
- Cucumber peels; this might chase away the cockroaches but not for long before they hide somewhere else.
- Citrus liquids; his is not effective at all and will leave your house with a strange odor.
Factors that limit the growth and spread of cockroaches
Before you acquire the best roach killer, know that there are methods that you can apply to avoid the spread or completely eliminate the growth of roaches in your home. These are listed below;
- Restricting of sources of food – try to avoid leaving leftovers, or pets foods but pack and seal them where they can’t access. Also, ensure you wash all your dishes before sleeping and don’t leave food remains in the sink.
- Restricting of sources of water – ensures you have no water leakage in your home such as under the sink or clogging of water in one place. Roaches love places with water and they will settle close to such places.
- Appropriately store paper materials away from their reach as they love the smell of paper and will want to consume it. The paper contains pheromone which they love.
- Killing roaches and their debris – identify places where they live and ensure you kill them all and clean their debris with a vacuum cleaner. This makes sure that they don’t breed again.
- Use insecticides and other forms of roach killing to entirely eliminate them from your home.
These include; sprays, acids, traps, gels, and tablets among other roach killers.
Our Recommended Top 5 best Roach killer reviews 2019
Many people make a mistake of getting the wrong roach killer which doesn’t end up eliminating all the cockroaches in their home.
Since I also made a similar fault in the past before learning which one is the best cockroach killer, I decided to share with you some of the top roach killers that will get the job done for you very effectively. These are as follows:
Best cockroach killer – Advion cockroach gel bait reviews(Our Top Pick)
This is one of the most effective roach killers that you will come across. The four-pack gel bait ensures that you are able to kill all the roaches in your home with less difficulty. Whether you want to use it in the office, industrial or commercial areas, this gel will do wonders for you.
Don’t mind what type of roaches you have, be it German, Australian or even American, it will excellently do the job for you. You just have to apply 3 to 5 spots of gel with 10 feet to fully eliminate all the roaches in your area. if you want to get rid of roaches permanently, then Advion cockroach gel is the best. It is the best roach killer for home use.
- One box.
- 4 tubes.
- Powered by MetaActive TM ompound.
- Gel bait.
- Functions for two years from date of manufacture.
- It’s very powerful as it kills any types of cockroach in your house.
- Comes in a pack of 4 which will ensure you wipe the entire population of the roaches in your home or office.
- Has indoxacarb which is a powerful chemical that suffocates them to death with no chance of surviving.
Best roach killer gel – Invict gold cockroach gel review
The Invict Gold is one of the most effective roach killers and that’s why it is a wonderful choice with many positive reviews. This amazing gel bait comes in a pack of four each weighing 35 grams. It contains a chemical referred to as Imidacloprid which chokes the roaches to death. It is the best roach killer for apartments.
This powerful gel bait will kill any type of roach regardless of its kind such as German, American, Asian or even brown branded ones. If you want to completely maximize this roach killer; read the label carefully, and rotate it with different bait that you are currently applying in your home for effectiveness and total eradication of the roaches. This is the best roach killer for car.
- Comes with 4 tubes.
- 35 grams per tube.
- Gel bait.
- It’s very effective and powerful in use and as it kills within minutes of consumption.
- Available in a pack of four which ensures you get rid of all the roaches in your home.
- Comes with Imidacloprid chemical that chokes the roaches to death.
Best roach traps – Black Flag roach motel review
The Black Flag HG-110-1 roach insect trap is one of the best traps you can think of buying today. This quality and highly effective trap hold the insect securely once it enters inside to suffocation. One of the peculiar features of this insect trap is that the insects trapped inside cannot be seen. It is recommended for use up to 4 months which is just enough to eliminate most of the cockroaches. With a trap or two, it can be placed in areas where the population is high for better results.
Lastly, this amazing insect trap can trap all kinds of insects and not only roaches such as spiders, water bugs and scorpions. In case of any problem after purchase, the manufacturer offers money back guarantee.
- Insect trap.
- Has two traps.
- Case of 12.
- Securely holds the cockroaches inside the trap until they perish.
- It is very safe as once the cockroach enters cannot get out.
- It completely hides the cockroach from view.
- Can be used for up to 4 months.
- Has two traps to place in different locations where the cockroaches are large in numbers.
The Best cockroach killer for home – Combat roach killer reviews
Combat source is one of the notable gel baits that kill the roaches very effectively. Weighing only 60 grams, this gel bait needs to be applied in crevices or locations where the cockroach activity is high. It contains food and water which the cockroaches love most and this is great bait. After consumption by the cockroach, they quickly spread this pesticide by heading back into their nest where it spreads to the other members.
Unlike sprays and other methods of killing roach, this method ensures that all the roaches are killed be it in the crevices or cracks. Thus, if you want to kill different types of cockroaches and sizes, get this powerful gel bait to effectively have the job done. Combat is the best thing to kill roaches.
- Weighs 60 grams.
- Gel bait.
- Contains water and food.
- 51960 Insecticide.
- Kills the roaches within a few minutes after consumption.
- Penetrates to the nest of the roaches as they spread it after consumption.
- High effectively and powerful.
- Kills both small and very large roaches excellently.
Best way to kill roaches – Dupont advion cockroach gel bait review
Dupont is one of the leading firms in creating highly effective and reliable insect killers. The 12 Dupont Advion cockroach bait is no exception as it performs very outstandingly. It comes in a pack of one and weighs 6.4 ounces. This highly effective gel bait uses an attractive proprietary gel formulation with a potent non-repellent that draws the cockroaches to them which they consume and kills them almost instantly.
In addition, the chemical it comes with which is indoxacarb kills the roaches and they have no chance of surviving once they consume it. So, if you want to get rid of all kinds of roach species such as American, German, Australian, or even Brown-branded, whether indoor or outdoor, get this gel bait for perfect eradication of roaches. if you ask me how to get rid of roaches fast; then my answer will be Dupont cockroach bait.
- One pack.
- Gel bait.
- 4 ounces.
- It is very effective in killing all types of roaches.
- Has indoxacarb chemical which is very strong and the roaches cannot resist it.
- It is very powerful as it comprises a greatly attractive proprietary gel formulation with a potent non-repellant active ingredient that draws in and kills the roaches.
How to Get Rid of Cockroaches Permanently?
Cockroaches are one of the most disgusting pests. This is because they invade the home and spoil a number of things. Within no time, they multiply quickly and become a nuisance. Roaches are attracted by poor hygiene in the house, leaking taps, and food that is left uncovered. They love to stay in crevices and corners, especially in dark places. Without proper pest control measures, cockroaches can become a problem in the house. Below are some of the ways that you can utilize to completely get rid of roaches in your house. Although, above are the best roach killer that works very well. But, here is an alternative that can help to remove the roaches.
- Bay leaves – the first on our list is bay leaves. This is a method that is ideal for people who don’t want to physically kill the roaches but to just chase them away instead. Bay leaves a natural roach repellent. When a cockroach smells them, they run away quickly. Roaches and many other pests hate the smell of bay leaves. The good thing is that bay leaves are not poisonous for humans.
- Lemon – lemon has anti-pathogenic properties which keep roaches away. This is why it is normal to find the fresh lemon smell in most of the famous household cleaners. The smell of lemon repels roaches and other pets in the house. Add lemon juice and use it to spray in corners where roaches are hiding or use lemons peels to chase them away.
- Coffee trap – this is another great home remedy of getting rid of cockroaches. Fill the bottom of a container with ground coffee to attract in the cockroaches to the smell of caffeine. Then, fill the container with water so that they can drown inside as they try to climb the container.
- Moth balls – moth balls can be used to get rid of any type of pest with roaches included. Put a few moth balls in your cupboard and close to certain areas prone to infestation or nesting place. Ensure to put these far away from children as they are poisonous.
- Ammonia solution – one of the places that roaches love to hide is in drain pipes and sinks. Using ammonia will keep the roaches at bay. Add a cup full of ammonia in a bucket of water and flush it down sinks and toilets to clean out pipes. The pungent smell from ammonia will keep the roaches away.
- Borax – to chase away roaches from your home, you can sprinkle borax in cockroach nesting areas, sinks, crevices, pipes and in corners in both the bathroom and kitchen. When a cockroach consumes this substance, other roaches might feed on it and suffocate to death too.
- Boric acid – for effective killing of roaches, boric acid is one of the most reliable products. It can be purchased in stores or even online. Cockroaches will die instantly if they get instantly in contact with these pests. They are not good for kids as they are poisonous.
- Baking soda and sugar – this is a simple natural home remedy for getting rid of cockroaches at home. All you need is to mix baking soda and sugar. Place the mixture as bait in the area in their nesting.
- Cedar – this comes in different forms such as balls, blocks or even chips. It can ward off any type of pest with roaches included. Use it in your cupboard or closet to chase away these troublesome pests.
- Deny them water and food – roaches feed on uncovered food and water. To prevent them from breeding in your house, you should ensure that no food is left open or water leaks are repaired. This will make them suffocate and not able to survive.
Use one of the above methods to effectively get rid of the roaches permanently from your residence. After that, always ensure that your house is clean and every crack and hole in your home is sealed. Also, leaks should be sealed.
I truly understand that some people almost give up on getting rid of cockroaches in their home because they aren’t using the right methods. This process shouldn’t be a challenge at all if you know which is the best method or type of roach killer to use. Start by applying the normal methods which involve cleaning and keeping away food sources and water. And if they still persist, you can now proceed to use pesticides to effectively eliminate the cockroaches.
Even after getting rid of them, you should always maintain a clean environment and ensure food is stored properly to avoid another infestation after some time. From the above, I have clearly explained to you the different methods to use and listed the five best roach killer bait which I have used before. You can choose from my list or use my info to get the best cockroach killer for your home.
I hope you have gotten your answer after reading this Best Roach Killer. You can comment below for more information.